People: Cleve J. Glenn, Partner
Cleve J. Glenn
Direct: (713) 238-1862
Fax: (713) 821-0709
J.D., University of Miami School of Law, cum laude (2007)
B.B.A. in Accounting, Lamar University (2000)
Licensed Certified Public Accountant, Texas State Board of Public Accountancy
Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Southern and Northern Districts of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Eastern, Southern, and Northern Districts of Texas
- Represent oil and gas producer, oilfield service provider and engineering construction contractor with ongoing commercial transactions and related commercial contract matters.
- Serve as outside general and regulatory counsel to middle market oilfield services company.
- Provide Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”) early case assessment class action counsel to publicly-held consumer products company to aid client in effectively and efficiently settling and/or defending TCPA class action lawsuits.
- Serve as outside corporate and commercial contracts counsel to private mental counseling and health clinic.
- Serve as outside general counsel to private wellness clinic that provides various services to its clients including anti-aging strategies, nutrition consultations and clinical testing.
- Represented a private drilling company in a $58,800,000 sale of equity to a private subsidiary of a public Canadian company.
- Represented a private safety and inspection services company in a $17,900,000 sale of equity to a private subsidiary of a public U.K. equity fund.
- Represented a national lender in a $13,000,000 promissory note sale to a third party investor.
- Represented a Texas pain management center with the implementation of its Corporate Compliance Program.
- Part of a trial team that obtained a multi-million dollar jury verdict on behalf of a contract operator who provided enhanced oil recovery services in exchange for the opportunity to earn a working interest in certain oil and gas producing properties.
- Represented a national lender as a secured creditor in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding and obtained bankruptcy court approval for the sale of the client’s collateral.
- Obtained a summary judgment victory on behalf of a national lender in a lawsuit in which the Plaintiffs sued the lender for wrongful foreclosure and sought a declaratory judgment setting aside the foreclosure sale of several commercial properties.
- Managed multiple lawsuits in several jurisdictions on behalf of a Houston-based highway services company.
- Represented an engineering services company in the successful enforcement of a worldwide non-competition and non-solicitation agreement against the company's former VP of Operations.
- Obtained a summary judgment victory on behalf of an insurance company in a multi-million dollar lawsuit in which Plaintiff alleged Texas Insurance Code violations, violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act, negligence, civil conspiracy, conversion, and violations of the Texas Prompt Pay Statute. This lawsuit also implicated the recodified version of Chapter 705 of the Texas Insurance Code, which deals with misrepresentations made by the insured.
- Obtained a summary judgment victory on behalf of an insurance company in a case filed in Florida State Court, wherein the Plaintiffs sued our client for breach of contract and sought a declaratory judgment that the proposed insured had applied for the policy and provided the requisite written consent to the policy’s terms based on Florida Statute § 627.404(5). Plaintiffs argued that the requisite written consent was obtained by virtue of the proposed insured submitting to a medical examination where the medical consent form scantly referenced some of the insurance policy’s terms. After extensive briefing and oral argument, the trial court rejected Plaintiffs’ arguments, granted the insurance company’s motion for summary judgment and found that the proposed insured did not apply for or consent in writing to the insurance policy and its terms.
- Presenter, “Injection Wells and Seismic Events: How Are Regulators and Courts Reacting,” Energy & Mineral Law Foundation 35th Annual Conference, June 2014.
- Panel Speaker, 2015 Texas Diversity and Leadership Conference, April 15, 2015.
- Co-Author, “Avoiding the “Gotcha” Moments: Excusing Non-Production to Address Mechanical Issues Under the Temporary Cessation of Production Doctrine,” K&L Gates Oil and Gas Alert, November 2014.
Co-Author, “CO2 Separation Anxiety - Is the Cost of Separating CO2 From Casinghead Gas a “Production” or “Post-Production” Cost for Purposes of Calculating Royalties in Texas?” K&L Gates Oil and Gas Alert, August 2014.
- Co-Author, “Houston, We May Have a Problem!” - Surface Owner Who Put Up “Roadblock” to Oil Driller’s Use of Property to Service Wells in a Pooled Unit Arrives at Texas Supreme Court,” K&L Gates Oil and Gas Alert, February 2014.
- Co-Author, “The Eyes of Texas Are Upon a Subsurface Trespass Case,” K&L Gates Oil and Gas Alert, January 2014.
- Co-Author, “Top 10 Whistleblower Decisions of 2012,” Whistleblower Team Management Alert, Seyfarth Shaw LLP (January 24, 2013).
- Protecting Your Practice with Enforceable Non-Compete Agreements, Newsletter of the Texas Physical Therapy Association (Spring 2012).
- Recognized as a “Texas Rising Star” in 2013 by Texas Monthly magazine.
- Selected as Pro Bono Attorney of the Month by the Kids in Need of Legal Defense (KIND) organization, for his work in helping three young siblings find care and protection in the United States, February 2012.