Data Center Services
We understand the complex, technical and operational issues surrounding data centers. They are a central part of business infrastructure, and present a range of real estate, IT, power and environmental challenges that are unique to any other industry or property type. Whether you are engaged in the development, leasing/licensing, financing, purchase or sale of a data center or colocation facility, navigating the myriad of issues requires attorneys attuned to this quickly evolving space.
Seyfarth is distinctly positioned to bring this experience to owners, investors and occupants of data centers. With our practice depth in real estate, technology, finance, energy and data security, we provide clients with a holistic approach to data center transactions. We are one of only a handful of firms to offer a dedicated data center practice, and have a team of attorneys who have their hands on the pulse of this ever-changing industry.
We advise clients on:
- Data center leases/licenses (build-to-suit, wholesale and retail), colocation agreements and SLAs
- Initial planning of data center locations (including multi-country regulatory due diligence)
- Acquisition and disposition of data centers, including joint venture agreements
- Architect design agreements and construction contracts for the development / construction of data centers
- Cloud outsourcing agreements as part of a hybrid solution
- Data center operator and vendor agreements
- Environmental issues unique to data centers
- Power purchase agreements and renewable energy contracts
- Financing, including construction, term, mezzanine, and revolving credit lines
- Agreements relating to data center operations including telecommunications, rights-of-way and tax incentives