We believe that diversity—in terms of people, perspectives and experiences—creates more innovative solutions and leads to greater contributions from everyone.
Our firm’s goals in diversity are:
- To continuously strengthen a culture of inclusion and help people of all identities and backgrounds thrive, succeed and lead.
- To actively lead and influence efforts to build a more diverse and inclusive legal profession.
To view the Firm's diversity policy click here
Our firm’s diversity network
Diversity efforts at Seyfarth are led by our firm’s managing partner and two additional national co-chairs. Our extensive network of national and local Diversity Action Teams includes attorneys and staff members from all offices. The national team is responsible for overall planning, progress and integration of our efforts. Each local team develops customized plans, activities and local outreach. Overall progress is reviewed each quarter by the firm’s Executive Committee.
Attorney affinity groups at Seyfarth serve as voluntary support networks, designed to create a more inclusive culture and work environment, and to help identify solutions and strategies that support our diversity efforts.
Our efforts focus on recruiting, mentoring and promotion, community support, business development, and communications/engagement.
Attorney affinity groups at Seyfarth Shaw serve as voluntary support networks, designed to create a more inclusive culture and work environment, and to help identify solutions and strategies that support the Firm’s diversity efforts. Groups have been formed for African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic, LGBT and women’s interests.
Our affinity groups help their members and our firm by:
- Acting as a resource regarding issues related to diversity, such as recruiting and retention
- Providing better access to informal information that may help Seyfarth attorneys achieve success
- Enhancing the work environment, and fostering an inclusive atmosphere
- Developing potential marketing and business development efforts for the members of the group and the work that they do
- Leading firm efforts with national affinity bar organizations to strengthen our reputation as a diverse law firm that strives to advance the recruitment, retention, and promotion of diverse attorneys
- Building stronger client relationships within those communities
- Contributing legal knowledge and expertise to CLE and other educational programs for attorneys in affinity organizations