Welcome to the inaugural Breakfast Briefing series presented by the Construction and Government Contracts Practice Groups. The presentations will cover topics affecting the Construction and/or Government Contracts industries and how to navigate challenges and issues these industries may be facing. Please feel free to share this invitation with your colleagues.
Fueled by shrinking procurement budgets and the resulting increased competition, protests of Federal contract awards are on the rise. Whether in the interest of pursuing protests or in the interest of protecting one's award, it is increasingly important that Federal contractors understand the protest process and strategies associated therewith.
We invite you to join us for a discussion of:
- protests, specifically, the decision to protest;
- the available forums and the reasons for selecting one forum over another;
- strategies for successful protests;
- alternatives to formally protesting, such as engaging the agency ombudsman; and
- recent pronouncements by the Government Accountability Office, the most popular forum for protests, and how those pronouncements impact when the protest must be filed in procurements of architectural and engineering services.