We will discuss recent developments in restrictive covenant and trade secrets law and suggest “best practices” in the hiring and termination of employees to assure your company’s information is protected.
Illinois and Federal laws have evolved significantly in recent years and as a result employers now have many tools available to protect themselves. Understanding these tools, as well as the impact of legal changes in this area, is necessary if a company intends on protecting its most valuable assets (i.e. trade secrets, IP and employees).
Please join us for an informative breakfast briefing as we discuss the following topics:
- A review and discussion of Reliable Fire v. Arredondo - the landmark Illinois Supreme Court case that changed the analysis of restrictive covenants in Illinois and other recent developments in restrictive covenant and trade secrets law.
- What to do when your new hire is bound by a restrictive covenant agreement.
- Analysis of real-world situations where former employees have attempted to loot the company's employees and confidential information and take them to a competitor.
- Methods to protect confidential information and intellectual property.
- How to respond when employees leave or take trade secret information
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com and reference this event.