With increased enforcement by the Wage & Hour Division, an aggressive regulatory agenda by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, and decreased federal funding due to sequestration, government contractors are acutely aware that the alphabet soup of employment laws does not end at FLSA, FMLA, and ADA.
Join our team and your colleagues from other government contractors as we discuss some of the most pressing labor and employment issues facing the government contractor community, including:
Who’s Down With OFCCP?
- What’s happening with the final rules on Section 503 disability discrimination? When will they be released? What will they say? How can you begin preparing for compliance now?
- Discussing the agency’s focus on pay equity, rescinding restrictions on investigating pay discrimination, and the status of the compensation data collection tool.
- Learning about the implementation of the new census data in developing your Affirmative Action Plans.
Keep Feelin’ Sequestration
- Handling the fiscal blow: WARN Act, furloughs, and reductions in force.
- What happens next? How to prepare for future budget battles.
Should They Stay or Should They Go Now?
- Finally . . . Executive Order (EO) 13495 [Nondisplacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts] is effective. Your rights and responsibilities in hiring (or not) employees of a predecessor contractor.
- What obligations does a predecessor contractor have under the Executive Order and regulations?
Don’t You Forget About Fringe
- Complying with the Service Contract Act in an era of aggressive enforcement.
If you have any questions, please contact Aeree Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference this event.
To register for this event please click here