Unbeknownst to many employers, the National Labor Relations Act ("NLRA") applies to all employers - whether or not their employees are unionized. All employers are at risk for litigation and other problems when they lack an understanding of this increasingly changing area.
Please join us for an interactive discussion of the following five areas in which the current National Labor Realtions Board has changed the rules, catching unwary employers off-guard and resulting in surprising consequences:
- The ever-expanding definition of "protected activity" under the NLRA.
- Limitations on an employer's ability to take action in response to negative employee comments on social media.
- Previously lawful policies and workplace rules that may now violate the NLRA.
- Limitations on workplace investigations.
- Impact on employee discipline.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and reference this event.