Significant developments in Illinois and Congress, such as the Defend Trade Secrets Act, have changed the landscape of trade secret and restrictive covenant enforcement. Understanding the impact of these changes, and the tools now available to employers for trade secret and restrictive covenant enforcement and protection, will help your company safeguard its most valuable assets and maintain its advantage over competitors.
Please join us for a fast-paced and informative discussion that clarifies recent developments in restrictive covenant and trade secrets law, and provides “best practices” for protecting your company’s most valuable assets — trade secrets, intellectual property and employees.
The program will focus on practical responses to the following issues and questions:
- The current flux of Illinois Restrictive Covenant Law due to conflicting opinions from Appellate Courts and how to best position your company in this new Restrictive Covenant environment.
- Your new hire is bound by a restrictive covenant agreement—what now?
- What to do when a former employee attempts to raid your company's employees and confidential information?
- How do you protect confidential information and intellectual property?
- What you need to know about the Federal Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016?
- Working with federal prosecutors and their law enforcement partners: How can you make your case attractive to the “Feds”?