Intellectual property is often one of a business' greatest assets. Choosing the best legal tool to protect particular types of intellectual property is key. Patent and trade secret protection are primarily creatures of statute and are two forms of intellectual property recognized throughout the United States. Depending on the information that one seeks to protect, patent, trade secret, or both patent and trade secret protection may be appropriate.
Please join us in the webinar "Choosing The Right IP Protection: Patent, Trade Secret, or Both", where Seyfarth attorneys will address the following topics:
- What is a patent and what information is patentable?
- What is a trade secret and what information qualifies for trade secret protection?
- What are the pros and cons of patent vs. trade secret protection?
- What information/technology may be best protected through both trade secret and patent protection?
- How does the new America Invent Act (Patent Reform Legislation) impact the decision to seek patent or trade secret protection?
Seyfarth attorneys will use hypothetical fact patterns to work through these topics and highlight the practical application of patent and trade secret law.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seyfarth has applied for CLE credit in IL, NY, and CA. If you would like us to pursue CLE credit in any additional states, please email email@example.com. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session. This program is appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys.