Illinois SHRM’s 11th Annual Conference and Exhibition
100 Drury Lane
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
#1 priority is ERISA enforcement. Companies and practitioners are preparing for greater contact with the Department of Labor through
Department of Labor inquiries, correspondence and full-blown audits.
As part of Illinois SHRM’s 11th Annual Conference and Exhibition at Drury Lane in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, Seyfarth Shaw employee
benefits attorney Adam Greetis will present the best practice methods for dealing with the Department of Labor. Adam will help answer
the following common questions:
• Why were we contacted or selected for audit?
• What are they looking for?
• How can we best prepare for the audit?
• What should we do about unresolved compliance issues?
• What kinds of penalties might we incur?
• How should we approach the investigator? Is this a cooperative or an adversarial process?
• What’s the most efficient way to resolve this matter?
Adam’s presentation will include checklists, sample interview questions and self-compliance tools that will help companies prevent
inquiries and audits by the Department of Labor and ultimately deal with them if they occur.