Recent Patent Reform legislation (the America Invents Act or AIA) immediately and dramatically changed the landscape of both patent litigation and prosecution. One purpose of the AIA was to provide immediate relief to defendants engaged in litigation against so-called Non-Practicing Entities (NPEs). The AIA also altered the procedural and substantive requirements for obtaining patents by changing, among other things, the requirement for establishing priority to an invention. These amendments have already had an immediate impact on both patent litigation and prosecution.
Please join us in the webinar “Immediate Impact Of Patent Reform Legislation,” where Seyfarth attorneys Daniel J. Schwartz and Patrick T. Muffo will address the following topics of the AIA:
- Impacts seen in NPE and competitor litigation due to new joinder requirement.
- Strategies to address changes to a “first to file” system and “priority” determinations.
- Strategies and impacts related to new post-grant review, including reexamination, procedures.
- Impact of the AIA on patent prosecution strategies.
- The state of false marking litigation.
Seyfarth attorneys will discuss these core issues of the AIA in depth and highlight the actual or predicted impact of the provisions. CLE credit will be available to participants.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Seyfarth has applied for CLE credit in IL, NY, and CA. If you would like us to pursue CLE credit in any additional states, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session. This program is appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys.