This year the Defend Trade Secrets Act (DTSA) added a federal cause of action and ex parte seizure remedy, leaving many lawyers scrambling to understand how this new Act will play out in workplaces and courts.
Join Robert Milligan—Seyfarth Shaw partner and co-chair of the firm’s Trade Secrets, Computer Fraud & Non-Competes Practice Group—at the CLE International 2017 Inaugural Conference Defend Trade Secrets Act: Navigating Risks & Opportunities Under Federal Law on January 20, 2017, at the InterContinental Century City in Los Angeles, CA.
Conference topics include:
- DTSA Overview: What is the Defend Trade Secrets Act and what does it mean for your clients
- Recent Cases and Hot Topics: How has the DTSA played out in court, and what can we learn from recent case law?
- Perspectives from a US Magistrate Judge: How are trade secret litigation issues viewed and resolved from the bench?
- Protecting Trade Secrets: How does DTSA impact agreements with employers and contractors, licensing, and joint ventures?
- Investigations: How do forensic investigations proceed under the DTSA and in general for trade secrets litigation?
- Litigation Management, Discovery, and Alternative Dispute Resolution: What new practices should lawyers consider under the DTSA and general under the trade secrets act?
- Ethics: What are the special issues that lawyers must consider when advising clients regarding trade secret matters?
For more information and to register, click here.