Join us for a “cooperative dialogue” about the impact of New York City’s recent amendment to the City Human Rights Law on employee requests for accommodation. Our panel will discuss challenges for employers who receive accommodation requests in the workplace, including requests related to time off, breaks, leave, modification of work areas, alternative schedules and more. The discussion will cover:
- Federal, state and city law requirements
- How to recognize requests for accommodations so that you are meeting your legal obligations
- How to respond and gather additional information properly
- Best practices for how to engage in the interactive process and determine whether your company can provide the requested accommodation
- Provide real world examples and circumstances that your company may face together with practical solutions
If you have any questions, please contact Laurie Green at email@example.com and reference this event.