This year will mark a number of changes in the labor and employment laws in New York City and State. Governor Cuomo continues to push new legislation that will have an impact on employers statewide, and the Mayor and City Council continue to impose significant new obligations on employers.
Please join Seyfarth Shaw as we take a look at what to expect in 2017.
Topics will include:
- New wage and hour regulations affecting the salary threshold for exempt employees, minimum wage, overtime and use of payroll cards;
- The recent New York State Paid Family Leave Law and added protections for caregivers in New York City;
- Updates in paid sick leave laws;
- Background check compliance update and Article 23-A joint employer developments;
- Changes at the federal level that will impact state and city regulations