A recent trend in litigation is an increase in cases that have been filed on fiduciary duty grounds against companies and their officers and directors who have approved executive compensation arrangements and subsequently receive a negative say on pay shareholder vote.
Attorneys from Seyfarth's Employee Benefits, Litigation and Corporate departments as well as the managing director of a leading executive compensation firm will address issues related to say on pay, explaining the theories underlying this new form of shareholder litigation. This webinar will have a predominant focus on litigation, corporate governance and executive compensation.
Topics to be addressed include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding the causes of action alleged by a plaintiff following a negative say on pay vote
- Legal analysis of the arguments presented, and the merits of the theories
- Corporate governance procedures to consider
- The role of advisors -- executive compensation and legal
- What you can do before the vote, and what you can do after the vote if it's negative
CLE credit will be available for participants.*
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
*CLE: Seyfarth has applied for CLE credit in IL, NY, and CA. If you would like us to pursue CLE credit in any additional states, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session. This program is appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys.