Seyfarth partners Leon Rodriguez (former Director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) and Angelo Paparelli will address the major changes expected in 2017 in employment-based Immigration law and worksite enforcement. With the Trump administration moving ahead on numerous Executive Orders and a Republican-controlled Congress, employers can expect to see major Immigration law changes, including:
- New labor market tests and other restrictions for H-1B work visas
- Greater DOJ enforcement of claims concerning immigration-related discrimination and visa abuse
- Implementation of mandatory E-verify
- Enhanced and coordinated worksite enforcement by DOL and DHS, and
- Ramped-up prosecution of employer violators who hire unauthorized workers
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and reference this event.