Following the destruction of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, many employers will be involved in relief, recovery, and rebuilding operations across the affected regions. The federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration has announced a plan to send compliance officers from the across the country to the impacted areas, to ensure that employees are protected against the many safety and health hazards they will face. This webinar will identify safety and health issues during these operations and will provide key best practices to limit employee exposure to hazards, injuries, illnesses, and liability.
During the webinar, employers will learn about:
- OSHA regulations that apply to post-accident relief, response, and recovery operations;
- General Duty Clause liabilities employers will face for exposing employees to heat, waterborne contaminants, mold, and other hazards;
- Precautions employers must take to prevent injuries and illnesses;
- Required personal protective equipment for employees;
- Training required concerning potential exposure to physical and chemical hazards;
- Warnings employees must be given prior to their work; and
- Whistleblower claims and employee refusals to work
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
*CLE Credit for this webinar has been awarded in the following states: CA, IL, NJ and NY. CLE Credit is pending for GA, TX and VA. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session.