Is your organization ready for the new EU General Data Protection Regulation?
On May 25, 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) will impose significant new obligations on all U.S. companies that handle personal data of any EU individual. U.S. companies can be fined up to €20 million or 4% of their global annual revenue for the most egregious violations. What does the future passage of GDPR mean for your business?
Is Your Organization Preparing for May 25, 2018, GDPR Compliance?
- Practical approaches for identifying the organization’s receipt, creation, processing, transmission of EU personal data - Seyfarth intelligent data privacy assessment and map
- GDPR workflows and processes (human and technical) relating to sensitive personal data will be given highest levels of scrutiny and largest sanctions for non-compliance,
- Review outstanding issues related to pretrial discovery and transfer of EU personal data for U.S.-based litigation and regulatory proceedings
- Interplay between Privacy Shield and GDPR requirements
- Update from recent 2017 Sedona Conference International Program on Data Privacy and Production
- Update on GDPR implementation efforts (including policies, processes, and technology)
*CLE Credit for this webinar has been awarded in the following states: CA, IL, NJ and NY. CLE Credit is pending for GA, TX and VA. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session.