In Seyfarth's third installment of our 2015 Class Action Webinar Series, Seyfarth attorneys will discuss the current state of labeling class action litigation that has targeted food, beverage, nutrition and other industries in recent years. The presenters will provide an overview of the labeling class action landscape complete with discussion of the background giving rise to the wave of litigation and labeling claims commonly targeted by the plaintiffs’ bar. In addition, the panel will discuss the latest trends in pleading challenges, class certification, and settlements in the labeling context.
Specific topics will include:
- Labeling Litigation Background: How We Got Here
Hot Issues: Common Marketing Claims Being Challenged
- All Natural, “100% Natural” “Nothing Artificial” & Related Claims
- Evaporate Cane Juice
- Made In The USA/Place of Origin
- Nutritional Content Disclosures/Upcoming Menu Requirements
How Courts Are Treating Challenges to Labeling Claims
- Challenging the Complaint Up Front: What Has Worked And What Hasn’t And Why
- Challenging Attempts By Plaintiffs to Certify a Class: Court Treatment of Certification Issues in the Labeling Context
- Trends in Labeling Litigation Settlements
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
*CLE Credit for this webinar has been awarded in the following states: CA, IL, NJ and NY. CLE Credit is pending for GA, TX and VA. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session