The U.S. Supreme Court's groundbreaking decision in United States v. Windsor will have monumental implications for U.S. immigration policy, as it will soon make it possible for same-gender married couples to enjoy equal immigration benefits. Please join our U.S. immigration experts as they present a webinar covering this decision and its impact.
A few specifics to be covered are:
- New opportunities for Non-Immigrant Visa “derivative” status in connection with work visas (H-1B, L-1, O-1, “I,” TN, E-1, E-2, E-3, and others)
- Expanded options for Non-Immigrant “derivative” status in connection with student or exchange visitor visas (F-1, M-1, and J-1)
- Discussion of green cards for binational couples: U.S. citizen sponsoring a foreign national
- New options for same-gender spouses of those sponsored for employment-based green cards
- Update regarding USCIS processing of cases already in the filing “pipeline”
- Shorter waiting period for naturalization for couples in “marital union”