Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) whistleblower retaliation claims continue to proliferate as a result of heightened governmental scrutiny of corporate compliance and extensive layoffs in tough economic times. The U.S. Department of Labor has recently issued substantial penalties and reinstatement awards against employers. Now more than ever, employers face substantial risks from increased whistleblower and related retaliation claims.
Please join Seyfarth Shaw attorneys from our national SOX Whistleblower Team on February 16th as they discuss the proactive steps employers can take to minimize the risk of claims alleging retaliation for protected whistleblowing, and strategies to defeat claims where litigation is unavoidable.
- Legal developments regarding SOX whistleblower claims
- The Dodd-Frank Act's Impact On SOX's Whistleblower Provisions
- The Dodd-Frank Act's New Private Rights Of Action For Whistleblowers
- Complaint and investigation processes and procedures
- Strategies for defending SOX whistleblower claims
For questions, please contact Jamie Lee at email@example.com.