The America Invents Act (AIA) promised immediate and dramatic changes to the landscape of both patent litigation and prosecution. Many AIA provisions have lived up to their promise, with others yet to achieve their desired impact. Other AIA provisions are not yet in force, but U.S. Patent and Trademark Office rulemaking provides a glimpse at what the future may hold.
Please join us in the webinar “The America Invents Act - Past, Present, and Future,” where Seyfarth attorneys Daniel J. Schwartz and Patrick T. Muffo will address the following topics of the AIA:
- Impact of the new joinder requirements on NPE litigation
Analysis of impact of the following new procedures:
- Prioritized Examination filings
- Third party submission of “prior art”
- Supplemental examination procedure
- Comparing and contrasting post-grant challenges, such as Post-Grant Review, Inter Partes Review, existing Reexamination procedures, and the Transitional Program for Covered Business Method Patents
Seyfarth attorneys will discuss these core issues of the AIA in depth and highlight the actual or predicted impact of the provisions. CLE credit will be available to participants.