Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative law firms for the sixth straight year, Seyfarth received the award for Innovation in Collaboration last night at the Financial Times (FT) North America Innovative Lawyers Awards 2016 for its representation of HP during the high-profile HP v. Oracle trial.
In the full report released today, the FT noted the firm’s leadership across a variety of categories, ranking Seyfarth No. 14 on the FT list of the most innovative laws firms in North America for 2016.
“We are proud that our firm is home to so many innovative efforts for our clients, as well as our own lawyers,” said Seyfarth chair and managing partner, Pete Miller. “Being at the forefront of innovation is a testament to our culture and the dedication across the firm to best serve our clients.”
The FT North America Innovative Lawyers 2016 report highlights a number of Seyfarth projects, starting with its role in the HP trial:
- Innovation in Collaboration: Seyfarth was shortlisted and won this category as part of the HP trial team drawn from four different firms that worked together to win a $3 billion jury verdict for breach of contract against Oracle.
- Innovation in Business of Law - Strategy and Changing Behaviors: Seyfarth was shortlisted and earned “highly commended” honors for the success of the Seyfarth Cup program in fostering collaboration among its lawyers and generating new work.
- Innovation in the Business of Law - Integrated Solutions: Seyfarth was shortlisted and earned “commended” honors for its efforts to crowdsource a process map and tools for clients to manage new changes to the Dept. of Labor’s overtime rule.
The annual FT North America Innovative Lawyers report was developed by the FT in partnership with RSG Consulting. Firms are selected for recognition following extensive research, direct client feedback and interviews with independent references.
About Seyfarth Shaw LLP
Seyfarth Shaw has more than 850 attorneys and provides a broad range of legal services in the areas of labor and employment, employee benefits, litigation, corporate and real estate. With offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Melbourne, New York, Sacramento, San Francisco, Shanghai, Sydney and Washington, D.C., Seyfarth’s clients include over 300 of the Fortune 500 companies and reflect virtually every industry and segment of the economy. A recognized leader in delivering value and innovation for legal services, Seyfarth’s acclaimed SeyfarthLean® client service model has earned numerous accolades from a variety of highly respected third parties, including industry associations, consulting firms and media.
Brian Kiefer, Director of Public Relations
(312) 460-6401, firstname.lastname@example.org
Martin Grego, Public Relations Manager
(312) 460-6659, email@example.com